Canada - Surrey | Winnipeg CA - +17782418054
India - Chandigarh | Malout IN - 9861870000
Canada - Surrey | Winnipeg India - Chandigarh | Malout
What is the Canadian experience class?

What is the Canadian experience class?

A route for qualified individuals with prior job experience in Canada. International students and foreign skilled professionals may be qualified for Canada's Canadian Experience Class, which offers a quick path to permanent residency (CEC).

Since 2008, this program (which is a component of the Express Entry system) has provided opportunities for foreign skilled workers and international students who have graduated from a Canadian institution to become permanent residents and eventually citizens.

Who may apply for the CEC?

You must fulfill the requirements in three areas in order to be eligible for the CEC:

- Meet the language proficiency standards for your position in writing, reading, listening, and speaking. For CEC applications, language tests must still be current on the day of submission and are only valid for up to two years after being taken.

- Have at least one year of recent, specialized job experience in Canada. This should have taken place within the past three years. 

This criterion can be satisfied by: 

A full-time job is one that requires at least thirty hours per week for twelve months (1,560 working hours); 

alternatively, one may work an equivalent number of part-time jobs to achieve this criterion. Finally, one may work full-time at more than one employment (thirty hours a week at more than one job to the equivalent of 1,560 work hours total).

- have obtained job experience while holding a work permit and temporary residence status in 

- Be aware that in order to qualify for CEC, you must fall under a certain National Occupation Category (NOC) categorization. Based on occupational responsibilities and the task a person performs, the government categorizes employment using the NOC system. To qualify for CEC, a person must work in NOC 0, A, or B.

- After a year of employment permitted by a Post-Graduation Work Permit, foreign students who have graduated from a Canadian Designated Learning Institution (DLI) may submit an application (PGWP). This is another technique to raise your Express Entry pool ranking.

To establish how their education compares to a finished certificate, degree, or diploma from a Canadian secondary or post-secondary university, foreign students can complete an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) from a recognized institution for immigration reasons.

For whom is CEC not applicable?

This program does not accept self-employed individuals, unpaid interns, or volunteers. Additionally, full-time student employment hours are not a requirement for qualifying (even if these are co-op hours).

- Work experience must be accumulated over a 52-week period since work hours exceeding 30 per week are not considered.

- Additionally, you cannot prepare to reside in Quebec. The province chooses its talented employees through initiatives like the Quebec Regular Skilled Worker Program, which has its own immigration system (QSWP). 

Finally, you need to show that you are eligible to enter Canada by passing medical and security checks. Although individuals with criminal history may not be able to immigrate to Canada, there are ways around this restriction.

What need I do after that to apply?

Following the determination of your eligibility to apply for the CEC, you must:

- Get your profile's supporting materials ready. These consist of A passport or other travel document, language test results, educational credential assessment results, proof of Canadian education, a provincial nomination form (if applicable), a written job offer, proof of work experience, or a certificate of qualification in a trade occupation from a Canadian provincial territory (if obtained), as well as financial documentation, are all required.

- To submit an application for permanent residency, you must reply to an invitation to apply (ITA).

- One of the most popular routes for people to move to Canada is through the Canadian Experience Class, which offers those with Canadian work experience a quick path to permanent residency.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Add Comment *



Consultations for prospective immigrants

We are authorized by the License No. 354/MC-1/MA.We have full authorizations to control the process of any kind of Immigration matter. Make an appointment now for more details

Get Consultation
iccrc img