Canada - Surrey | Winnipeg CA - +17782418054
India - Chandigarh | Malout IN - 9861870000
Canada - Surrey | Winnipeg India - Chandigarh | Malout
How to study in Canada as an Indian student?

How to study in Canada as an Indian student?

Over 30% of foreign students in Canada are from India. Canada is a top choice for international students, according to a recent report by the Canadian Bureau of International Education, because of its reputation as a safe, stable, and tolerant society as well as the caliber of its educational institutions.

This is particularly true for Indian students, who frequently choose Canada as their study abroad location. In fact, at slightly over 217,000 as of December 31, 2021, Indian students made up about 30% of all overseas students in Canada.

Given that we speak the same language, English, and that there are sizable and well-established Indian communities all over the country, Canada is especially alluring to Indian students. International students in Canada are also able to work a set number of hours per week and retain a job.

How can I go to school in Canada?

International students are welcome in the numerous reputable schools, universities, and other post-secondary institutions in Canada. There are a few steps you should take in order to discover the correct program and be eligible to attend.

1. Do some research on the schools you're considering.

Find programs that fit your career objectives, investigate the area of the institution, and learn about what life will be like there. Additionally, you should confirm that the course you choose is offered at a recognized educational facility (DLI). On the website of Immigration, Refugee, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), you may verify this.

A school that has been given the go-ahead from a province or territorial government to accept foreign students is known as a designated learning institution. You will not be able to obtain a study visa or, later, a Post-Graduate Work Permit from a school that does not have DLI status (PGWP)

Once you've chosen the institution or institutions you want to attend, submit your application.

2. A letter of approval

You will receive a Letter of Acceptance if your application to a DLI is accepted (LOA). This letter is required in order to apply for a study permit. Make certain the letter includes information like:

- The DLI's name and contact information

- your name, birth date, and postal address

- the degree to which the program is being pursued, how long it will last, when it will begin, and when it is anticipated to end

3. Request a study permit

Once you obtain your LOA, you can apply directly to IRCC for a study permit. You will also require various other documents, such as your LOA and:

- a statement demonstrating your ability to pay for your studies and living expenses in Canada.

- Police clearances

- medical examinations, if necessary

- Letter of explanation outlining your professional goals and connections to your homeland

Be aware that you must have a Certificate Acceptance du Quebec (CAQ) before submitting your application to the IRCC if you are applying to a DLI in the province of Quebec.

- Obtain a study permit through the Student Direct Stream by applying.

- Indian students may use the Student Direct Stream to apply for their study permits (SDS). This stream will expedite the application process for study permits for citizens of a selected group of nations. The service standard for SDS is 20 days.

Additionally, the IELTS language criterion for each skill is a minimum of 6.0. (reading, writing, speaking, and listening).

4. Getting to Canada

With a student visa, you can work off-campus for up to 20 hours per week during the regular semester once you've arrived in Canada to begin your program and full-time during study breaks like the summer or over the holidays. There is no restriction on how many jobs you can work to fill the hours. You must apply for a work visa if you want to continue living and working in Canada after your program of study is over because you are no longer permitted to do so as a student.

Permit to Work After Graduation

A Post-Graduate Work Permit is typically requested by graduates who want to stay in Canada (PGWP). With the help of this permission, recent graduates from institutions of higher learning in Canada are now able to live and work here. It is more probable that you will be accepted into the PNP, Express Entry, or another immigration program if you have work experience while on a PGWP. Your PGWP has a maximum duration of three years and is the same length as your educational program.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Add Comment *



Consultations for prospective immigrants

We are authorized by the License No. 354/MC-1/MA.We have full authorizations to control the process of any kind of Immigration matter. Make an appointment now for more details

Get Consultation
iccrc img